Diseases of the musculoskeletal systemevery third person suffers from them, only a small part of them refers to the therapist because of troubling pain in the joints, the causes of which can be completely different. In frequent cases, the pains are so severe that the pain medication has no effect on them. This can be the result of neglected injuries, the presence of an inflammatory process or joint diseases, such as arthritis or bursitis. At the same time, about 85% of people experienced severe joint pain in any period of their life, of which more than half are over 60 years old. In recent years, joint diseases have spread to young people due to primary or secondary damage to the joints. As a result of the transferred diseases there is a disintegration of products of a metabolism that causes various kinds of intoxications of an organism. So, with the transfer of purulent arthritis, about 40% of people permanently lose joint mobility.
It should be noted that joint pain causeshave different, depending on the type of human disease. Thus, the diseases are divided into inflammatory and metabolic-dystrophic diseases, as well as on the pathology of the joints, which were formed as a result of injuries and pathology of the whole musculoskeletal system.
Inflammatory diseases of the joints:
1. Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis). This disease is the most common in terms of the appearance of pain in the joints, the causes of which lie in the destruction of the cartilage of the joint, resulting in the bones begin to rub against each other. Thus there is an inflammatory process, mobility of the person is limited. Arthritis occurs most often in people aged over 45 years, the disease manifests its first signs and slowly develops. The disease has hereditary prerequisites and affects not only large, but small joints, for example, feet and hands.
2. Bursitis. With this disease affects the articular bag, so there are pains in the joints, accompanied by an inflammatory process. More often such disease amazes humeral, knee and hip joints.
Obmenno-dystrophic joint diseases:
1. Gout. The disease is expressed in the appearance of pain, an inflammatory process that causes redness in the joints, most often the feet. Gout is associated with increased production of uric acid in the human body due to decreased kidney function, so this disease develops more often in people aged more than fifty years.
2. Osteoarthritis. Disease of the cartilage of the joint arises because of the appearance of dystrophic processes in it, as a result of which the surface of bones is deformed.
3. Necrosis. The disease causes pain in the joints, the causes of which lie in the insufficient supply of blood to the bone, which causes the joint to deform.
Pathology of joints due to injuries:
1. Damage to the cartilage of the joint. This pathology is most often observed in the knee joint, and is associated with damage to the cartilage as a result of a heavy load or sudden movements. In this case, a person experiences pain and discomfort in the joint area.
2. Dislocation of the joint. As a result of loss of resistance between the head of the bone and the ligaments, a dislocation of the joint arises, which can be either partial or complete. In this case, pain in the joint can be accompanied by the appearance of edema, an increase in the temperature of the damaged area of the human body. It should be borne in mind that it is sometimes impossible to remove the pain in the joints, so it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Thus, it is necessary to remember that approximately10% of people who have joint diseases die. If there is pain in the joints, which can only be determined by a specialist, you should contact the clinic for diagnosis and treatment. To diagnose the disease of the joints must be approached carefully, to prescribe a comprehensive treatment following the results of numerous examinations.</ p>>