Many people mistakenly believe that the compote offrozen berries taste much inferior to the usual (summer), and therefore do not want to cook it. However, if you make it correctly, following all the recipe points, you can get a surprisingly tasty drink, which can be even more piquant and interesting than traditional. How to prepare compote from frozen berries?
The amount of each ingredient is described in terms of 5 liters of water. In principle, you can cook more or less compote, but then it will be important to keep all proportions.
1. Fill the water in a saucepan and wait for the moment when it will boil.
2. The next step is to fill the sugar with boiling water. Stir water and wait for 1-2 minutes until the sugar finally dissolves.
3. Berries (previously they must be thawed) add after the sugar has dissolved. We bring the future compote from the frozen berries to a boil and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
4. After that you can tasting. If it seems to you that it would be nice to add a bit of sourness, you can pour lemon juice into it. Or finely chop the lemon along with the peel and also add it to the compote.
5. Remove from heat and wait until the drink has cooled. Done!
In addition, the compote of frozen berries and fruits can be prepared without resorting to the cooking procedure. How to do it?
1. First we prepare syrup for compote. To do this, you need to dissolve 0.75 cups of sugar in 2 cups of water and boil (for 0.5 kg of frozen fruits and berries).
2. To make the compote more interesting, you can add a little wine, cognac or liquor to the syrup. Naturally, if you make compote for children, this item should be skipped.
3. Fruit and berries are thawed and washed a little warm water. Then we arrange them on glasses, glasses, etc.
4. The last stage - pour the fruit and berries with hot syrup and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
5. This compote can be served in a cold form, waiting for its complete cooling and throwing a few ice cubes.
Freezing berries of each kind has its ownspecific features. However, you can easily do this at home. As a rule, all you need is to get rid of cuttings and ossicles and arrange the berries on a special tray. You can sprinkle them with sugar to preserve the taste. Then we send the tray to the freezer. After a day you can transfer the berries to the jars. They also need to be stored in the freezer. Fruits and berries frozen in this way can be useful not only for making compotes - for example, jam from frozen berries is considered very tasty. But this is a completely different story.</ p>>